The Quick Change Barrel (QCB) version of the M2 offers the same protection and capabilities that the classic M2 Heavy Barrel offers. It has the same cyclic rate (450 to 550 rpm), effective range (7,400 yards) and ease of maintenance.
What sets the QCB apart is the greatly reduced time to perform a barrel change. The system’s preset head space can mean precious rapid response time under fire once the barrel reaches “hot gun” status. A trained operator can change a hot barrel out for a new barrel in under 10 seconds compared to approximately 90 seconds for a traditional M2HB which has the need to set headspace and timing with every change.
Conversion kits are available to allow older M2HB weapons to have the same functionality as new QCB models.
- Caliber – .50 (12.7 x 99mm NATO)
- Finish – Phosphate
- Operation – Short recoil
- Feed – M9 linked belt (Left or Right with change of parts)
- Weight Empty – 84 pounds (38.1 kg)
- Length Overall – 65 inches (165 cm)
- Barrel Length – 45 inches (114.3 cm)
- Rate of Fire – 450-600 rounds per minute
- Maximum Range – 6,800 meters
- Effective Range – 1,800 meters
- Muzzle Velocity – 3,055 ft/s (930 m/s)