Like the M240, the M240-SLR fires a 7.62mm NATO round. However, unlike the M240, the M240-SLR has been redesigned to fire from a closed bolt.
In field tests, using match ammunition, a randomly chosen weapon effortlessly produced minute-of-angle (1”) groups at 100 yards. In both single and rapid fire (400 rpm) tests, absolutely no malfunctions were experienced with the gun… a true testament to its superb engineering.
The M240-SLR is dimensionally identical to the M240, and is able to integrate into any M240 mounting system.
- Caliber – 7.62 x 51mm NATO
- Finish – Phosphate
- Operation – Gas-operated, closed bolt
- Feed – M13 linked belt (Left or Right with change of Top Cover and Feed Tray)
- Weight Empty – 24.2 pounds (10.98 kg)
- Length Overall – 47.54 inches (120.75 cm)
- Barrel Length – 20 inches (50.8 cm)
- Rate of Fire – 400 rounds per minute (approximately)
- Maximum Range – 3,725 meters
- Effective Range (Bipod) – 800 meters
- Effective Range (Tripod) – 1,100 meters
- Muzzle Velocity – 2,800 ft/s (853 m/s)